Success begins in creating an effective plan to reach goals. Our goals could be aiming for a promotion, doubling our business revenue, losing weight, or quitting a bad habit. Our vision and goals give us purpose and guidance.
Entrepreneurs work hard to turn their visions into reality, but of course, there will always be challenges along the way. The first step to achieve your goals is to devise the best plan of actions.
So, could you tell if you’re doing the needed actions and not just following random pieces of advice? That’s what we’ll discuss in this article. Here are the game-changing tips on how to get your desired results and buy-in.
CLICK HERE to listen to this article or scroll down to keep reading
Step 1: Understand the core business elements
Focusing on each business element is important if you’re aiming for permanent, lasting improvements that help reach your goals. Here are the elements and why they’re important:
- Time and Energy Management – Managing your time and energy well lets you accomplish more in a short period of time, and that will lead to having more free time which allows you to focus on other important goals.
- Business Management – The purpose of effective business management is to assist business leaders with decision making. Business management is all about being able to lead your brand closer to your goals
- Talent Development – Developing your talent provides the skills and opportunity to improve your competencies in your professional career.
- Technology Utilization – In the present age, the utilization of technology is important to be a step ahead. Make an effort to learn new applications and tools; doing this will do wonders for you and your brand.
- Productive Collaboration– Collaboration enables team members to share knowledge and be more productive and efficient. Plus, teamwork promotes positive company culture, which leads to a better overall performance
- Business Finance– Every entrepreneur knows the importance of investing and spending wisely. The importance of business finance depends on its capability to maintain business operations without spending too much while also securing funds for future investments.
- Client Clarity and Experience – Clarity provides various experiences for your clients, including a pleasant, low-effort interaction for your prospective and active clients. This is vital because 94% of customers who experienced low-effort interactions with a business will most likely acquire the services of that same business again.
- Marketing – The goal of every entrepreneur is to earn money, and marketing is an important channel to make it happen. It helps businesses sell products or services. Marketing is what drives sales.
- Business Development – Business development improves sales, helps a brand expand through raving fan connections, and promotes your value one conversation at a time.
Step 2: Brainstorm by asking “what can I IDEOS™ to improve the business”
So, what in the world is IDEOS™ and why is it important to your business?
IDEOS™ is our mantra used when assessing each area of a business.
When you ask yourself “what can I IDEOS™?”, you will uncover time, money, and energy drags. Through collaborative discussions with your team, you will devise ideas to eliminate the drags and allow your team and business to rise up and grow. And the bonus is this mantra will help you adopt a habit of always thinking of new ideas to boost the business.
Step 3: Document the “What” and “Why” of each idea into an online white board
As soon as you take note of your ideas, your brain tends to take it more seriously. We all have bright ideas, but how often do we forget them before we can take productive actions? A vital step in between having great ideas and doing the necessary actions is by taking the needed steps from inside your head to the outside.
One practice you can do is to document them in a notebook or an online white board, that turns it from subjective to objective. And you can group them by Purpose aka. the Why. I like using my “3 Ps and a G” Purposes, which are People, Productivity, Profitability, and Growth.
Step 4: Prioritize the ideas and assign a leader to each
After recording your ideas, the next step is to implement a plan to turn these ideas into productive actions, which will provide the best results. Assign a manager or a leader for each of them so you can get the assistance you need to create positive outcomes from your ideas. Ask these leaders for updates and feedback on what else can be done to improve the workflow.
Step 5: Go!
Just go for it! If you know you have the right improvement plan for your brand, don’t hesitate to act. Your visions and ideas won’t mean anything if you don’t do anything with them. Implement the best plan, take calculated actions, and always be open to making any adjustments.
A visual improvement plan allows clarity, buy-in, and understanding of the importance of every action and how it leads to reaching business goals. And while growing your business is no easy feat, you reading this article shows your dedication to your goals and that is progress unto itself. So, if you find yourself needing assistance, talk with us about our Services or purchase our Productive Collaboration Course and download templates within the lessons.